Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s list are our Top Ten Things We Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books.
So here are my opinions on romance in books!
5 Things I Like
- Witty/quirky characters!
- Commitment-might be a funny one to like, but I don’t like reading about cheaters or liars.
- Believable romance- it builds over time or you can feel the connection between the characters.
- ‘Old fashioned’ love- just a traditional, no complication romance. Lovely.
- The supportive best friend- I love it when the characters have the support of their best friend. That’s what we all need!
5 Things I Dislike
- I think this will be a popular one… LOVE TRIANGLES. Urgh. They’re just so over used now. I get bored. I roll my eyes. It’s just too much.
- Insta Love. Enough said.
- The massive misunderstanding. It might just be the books I’ve read, but I swear every romance book I’ve read has a big misunderstanding in one way or another. Most of the time it’s resolved and they all live happily ever after…
- Unfaithful characters- This goes hand in hand with my like of characters that are committed to one another. I don’t like reading about romances when a character is unfaithful. I just find it uncomfortable.
- Domestic violence- Don’t get me wrong, I know this happens and I don’t mind reading it if the book is tackling the issue in a sensitive manner- but if there’s manipulation/abuse/violence and it’s trivialised… now that I hate.