Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s list are Ten Book Related Problems I Have!
Admitting my book related problems has almost been like therapy! Ha! 😀 Some of these ‘problems’ aren’t really problems at all. They’re just frivolous but they’ve been fun to think of!
- Buying more books when I have more than enough to be getting on with. An excuse I make is that I like to collect books (collect dust on the books rather…they sit on my shelves for ages!)
- Having an over-active imagination. I have to be careful with reading scary/creepy books as it plays on my mind for such a long time!
- I am so ‘precious’ about my books. My Gran recently read one of my books and she was scared to read it as my mum told her how pristine I expect my books to be. Oops. (*confession time* I only gave it to her to read as I knew it was one I wouldn’t keep!)
- When someone asks me to name my favourite book. It’s not going to happen. There are TOO many.
- When one of my favourite books is going to be made into a movie. Will it work? Will they screw it up? Should I watch it? DILEMMA.
- Spoilers. I hate being spoiled for ending of series. I try to be SO careful when I review series. It does make it trickier to write a review though!
- Waiting for the next book in the series can be painful. Especially when the series is SO good. It’s my excuse for being so shockingly behind with some series. At least if the books are all out then I don’t need to wait for them. Oh yes. It’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. 😉
- I hate being told I read too much. What does it matter how much I read? At least I’m reading!
- Closely linked with number 8 are those friends that think it’s ‘weird’ that I read. Hmm… There are much worse things that I could do!
- Being too busy to read. This has happened a lot since starting my postgraduate degree. I SWEAR I hear my books crying out for me when I’m writing an essay, reading boring textbooks or planning lessons!