This is one of my favourite surveys to do, by one of my favourite bloggers, Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner/The Broke and The Bookish. For some reason, I hadn’t noticed her post this year, but was pleased to see another blogger do the tag, so of course I jumped on board.
The links either go to my review of the book or Goodreads if I haven’t reviewed it already!
Number Of Books You Read: 144
Number of Re-Reads: 8
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Simon Versus The Homo Sapiens Agenda– Becky Albertalli. This book warmed my heart. I can’t speak highly enough for it!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
What We Left Behind by Robin Talley. After devouring her debut, I really wanted to like her sophomore novel. I didn’t. I was very disappointed.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
I didn’t expect to like Cruel Beauty as much as I did. I had heard so many bad things about it that I was expecting not to like it.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Still Me Before You. I will ALWAYS push that book.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Started: Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Sequel: The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E.Pearson
Series Ender- Winter by Marissa Meyer
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Lighter Than My Shadow– Katie Green. My second graphic novel of the year.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
I Let You Go– Clare Mackintosh
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I’m not so sure I’ll re-read a book so soon. I tend to leave it a while in-between!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Simon (from Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda). I’m totally the heart emoji over that.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
My Heart And Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga. I really resonated with this book!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Reasons To Stay Alive– Matt Haig
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Rites of Passage– Joy N.Hensley
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“White shouldn’t be the default any more than straight should be the default. There shouldn’t even be a default.” – Err… Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda (again, sorry!)
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: Dream A Little Christmas Dream by Giovanna Fletcher- 69 pages
Longest: Winter by Marissa Meyer- 824 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Ice Twins– S.K Tremayne
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
not sorry- Simon and Blue- Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
I’m going for friendship and I adore the friendship in The Ladybirds series by Jenny McLachlan
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Ensnared by A.G Howard
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Last Leaves Falling– Sarah Benwell. I’m not sure this book would’ve been on my radar otherwise.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
I don’t have one! Sad times.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
Simon Vs…. you get the idea!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I’m loving the worldbuilding in the Throne of Glass series. I read Queen of Shadows this year.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Lily and The Christmas Wish– Keris Stainton. All the cuteness.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
The Last Leaves Falling- Sarah Benwell
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Boy In The Tower- Polly Ho-Yen
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Pig Heart Boy by Malorie Blackman. Highly intriguing but it made such an impact.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Born Weird- Andrew Kaufman. It totally lives up to its title!
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Hmmm… Those Girls by Lauren Saft. This book just really didn’t sit right with me. At all.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I haven’t discovered many new book blogs this year, but I need to get on that. I’m looking forward to seeing how Outlook on a Book grows.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
I liked how I did Reasons To Stay Alive.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Unhauling Books. I need more discussion posts this year!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
YA Shot by far. I loved being part of a blogger workshop.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Continuing to blog even though my life got a hell of a lot busier.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Balancing it with teaching. I had one day where I almost forgot to schedule a post.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Gracefully Grayson– Ami Polonsky
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I haven’t really discovered much bookishness this year. A goal for next year?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I’ve read more of the series that I wanted to and I think by 31st December I should have completed my Goodreads challenge. Fingers crossed!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley Doyle
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
When We Collided by Emery Lord
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Underwater by Marisa Reichardt
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
A Court Of Mist and Fury– Sarah J Maas.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Find some sort of schedule that I can keep to for visiting other blogs.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
This Is Where It Ends– Marieke Nijkamp!
Feel free to leave me a link to your survey if you’ve done it too. I love reading these!