Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s list are ten reasons we love a certain thing. I decided to go for ten reasons that I love reading. I guess I have a lot more than ten reasons, but here goes…
(In no particular order)
- Exploring new worlds– I love reading about realistic and fantasy worlds. I just love stepping into a new book and experiencing the character’s world.
- Boredom busting- If it’s a good book, it can totally capture my attention. Hours can pass easily when I’m fully engrossed in a good book.
- Expanding my reading horizons– I used to be just a chick-lit reader, but since I started book blogging, I absolutely love exploring new genres that I never would have explored prior to blogging.
- Virtual adventures– I love experiencing adventures with the characters. I love reading about places that I haven’t visited be it real places or fantasy worlds. A good book can transport you to that world/place.
- Connecting to many stories– I love it when I can connect with a story or a character. I love it when a book really makes me feel.
- Learning new things– Books have made me incredibly knowledgeable about many topics.
- Reading diverse books– I love that more and more diverse books have been quietly seeping into the bookish world. I especially enjoy that YA is becoming more diverse. Representation is so important.
- A great addiction– It might be an expensive addiction at times, but it’s a healthy one. Not many addictions can enrich your mind! 😉
- Connecting with like-minded people– I love speaking to fellow book nerds. It’s such a welcoming community. I also adore talking about books with my sister. My fellow book blogger and biblophile!
- Escapism– Sometimes it’s just what I need to escape a busy day or a stressful time.