I absolutely love taking part in Jamie’s End Of Year Book Survey. It can be a little time consuming, but I absolutely love thinking about my reading in the year.
Number Of Books You Read: So far…134
Number of Re-Reads: 2 or 3!
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I thought I was going to love Ballet Shoes more than I did.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
The Wolves of Willoughby Chase I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I still push Me Before You wherever possible. I can’t help myself.
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Hmm… I’m not a big re-reader but I’ll say Harry Potter. I read the first book this year and it’s made me want to continue with the series.
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2016?
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Jeannette from The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
The Last Act Of Love– Cathy Rentzenbrink
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
A Boy Made Of Blocks– Keith Stuart
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
One by Sarah Crossan. I know it only came out in 2015, but still… I should have read it then!
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
“He was afraid of the world, afraid it would find a way to swallow him up. But, maybe everyone was sometimes.” -John Corey Whaley- Highly Illogical Behaviour.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Longest- Carry On– Rainbow Rowell- 518 pages
Shortest- To Dance– Siena Cherson Siegel- 64 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Crush by Eve Ainsworth
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Celeste and Justin- Flat-Out Celeste by Jessica Park
19. Favourite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Sam and Alex- A Boy Made Of Blocks by Keith Stuart
20. Favourite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
One by Sarah Crossan
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Hmmm… this is a tricky one. I’m not one for fictional crushes. Justin from Flat-Out Celeste was adorable, I guess!
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
Underwater by Marisa Reichardt
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Love That Split The World– Emily Henry
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
On The Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
The Last Act of Love by Cathy Rentzinbrink
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Orangeboy by Patrice Lawrence
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
The Rest Of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Mother, Mother by Koren Zailckas
1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2016?
I am so bad at remembering how long I’ve been enjoying blogs, so I’ll pick a blog that I’ve enjoyed in 2016. That has to be Megan at Love, Literature, Art and Reason.
2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2016?
I never like reading my own reviews as I always find flaws with them! I did enjoy writing A Boy Made Of Blocks.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I haven’t had very many this year. Definitely need to get my thinking cap on for 2017.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
The Transatlantic Book Project with some other wonderful bloggers.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Winning an award at the UKYA blogging awards. A surprise to me that’s for sure as I didn’t ever anticipate winning!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Balancing blogging and reading with a full time hectic job!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Swimming To The Moon– Jane Elson
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Highly Illogical Behaviour– John Corey Whaley
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I really love the Reading Year subscription from Mr B’s Emporium in Bath that my sister and my mum got for my birthday.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
At this point not all of them, but by the end of the year I anticipate that I would have made my 140 book challenge and completed the series that I wanted to! I have completed the British Book Challenge that challenges its readers to read 12 books by British Authors. I’ve nailed that one with 64 read so far!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
Perfect by Cecelia Ahern
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
I’m so bad at keeping up with series so I’ll mention one I’m anticipating to finish… What’s A Girl To Do? by Holly Bourne.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Continue to add different features to keep my blog fresh!
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I’m just starting my 2017 ARCS so can’t comment on that yet. I have high hopes for The Edge Of Everything by Jeff Giles though!