Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s list is all about things that instantly turn us off in a book. Those things that have you steering way clear!
- Love triangles- so overdone.
- Muscly men on the covers- I can appreciate… but won’t pick up a book because of that!
- Sports- if it looks really sport-related I’m not interested.
- Bad boys- I don’t mind a bad boy character, but when it’s just that with no substance, I don’t have time for it…
- Female characters that are totally reliant on a guy to function.
- Anything that hints at heavily Science-related content- it’s not my thing!
- Girl hate- I dislike it when female characters hate another for a particularly petty reason.
- Possessive relationships- it doesn’t matter to me if it’s a male or female being possessive, I don’t like it!
- Body shaming- just no!
- Cheating- I have read some books where it’s not made me run away from reading the book and it’s been a minor element of the story, but if it straight out markets itself on the cheating aspect or tries to justify the cheating, I have no time for it.
This feels like quite a sassy list this week!
What turns you off from reading a book? Feel free to leave a link to your Top Ten post and I’ll stop by!