Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s list is all about things on our reading wishlists. These are things we’d love to read more about in stories.
- Anxiety- represented in an accurate and thoughtful way
- Diverse chick-lit- life is too fluffy for my liking in chick-lit. I’d love to see some more diverse characters.
- Diverse middle-grade- why shouldn’t this genre have more diverse characters?
- More books with characters on the autistic spectrum.
- Girl problems- I can’t think of a book where girls have normal ‘girly’ problems. Let’s be real!
- Present, caring parents- not too much to ask, surely?
- Less insta-love- let’s have some realistic romances!
- Sisterhood- Ha! Girls supporting others not bringing them down.
- More music mentions- whether it’s throwbacks to other eras or current music I’d be happy!
- Books without romance. It’s not always needed!
What would you like to read more of? Feel free to leave a link to your post and I’ll stop by!