I like to spice up my blog content to keep things fresh so recently thought about doing a 5 reasons why post every now and then with a topic of my choice.
First up are reasons why I love reading David Walliams to my class. My current class (20 week days left with them… 😦 ) are between 7-9 years old.
This school year we have read:
- They make them laugh out loud. David Walliams is funny.
- His stories (particularly The World’s Worst Children) have inspired some fantastic writing (and drawing!)
- The children genuinely enjoy his writing.
- It’s a logical step up from Roald Dahl. Walliams writes in a similar style.
- Lots of his stories have heart. Quite often they carry with them a lovely message. When we read Gangsta Granny recently it particularly touched one child who had gone through a similar thing (no spoilers) with her grandparent. The story brought tears to her eyes!