Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It’s all about love of lists, love of literature and bringing bookish people together.
This week’s list is all about those bookish websites and blogs that we visit frequently. I recently mentioned my favourite book blogs, so I’m going to pick bookish websites/blogs that very much help my career as a teacher!
- Goodreads– If I’m looking for a review of a book, Goodreads is always my favourite place to look.
- Books For Topics– This is a newish discovery of mine. I love that it recommends so many books for school topics.
- Book Trust– I love the Book Finder on this website and the recommendations!
- The Literacy Shed- There are so many wonderful videos, images and picture books to be explored on this website.
- Book Wizard– Another brilliant website with some great recommendations!
- Amazon- I’m sorry, sometimes books are much cheaper on Amazon, a teacher doesn’t get paid that much!
- Ashley Booth’s blog– I’ve loved Ashley’s lists to help pick suitable books.
- Pobble 365– Pobble 365 gives a picture every single day. I like using this website for building comprehension.
- Innerjay– I’m enjoying this blog from a new, fresh teacher!
- MrsPTeach– Mrs P’s blog encouraged me to look at my teaching of reading in a different way.