Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It’s all about love of lists, love of literature and bringing bookish people together.
This week we are thinking about things that make us pick up a book! Here are the 10 things that make me pick up a book!
In no particular order:
- A pretty cover. I just can’t resist.
- Bright page edges. I don’t know why this appeals to me!
- Good reviews from trusted bloggers!
- Fairy tale re-telling.
- Standalone. I read so many series in the past that I actually enjoy a book more when it’s a standalone.
- World War II- I have a fascination with WWII.
- Dance- I love books that have dance at the core.
- Music related- Like dance, I love music at the forefront of the story.
- Psychological thrillers- I’ve read loads of them but I can’t get enough!
- Strong female friendships- I don’t think we see enough of them! 🙂