Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It’s all about love of lists, love of literature and bringing bookish people together.
This week’s prompt is one of my favourite. Goodness knows I love a thought provoking quote. Here are some of my favourites in no particular order:
- “You may be born into a family, but you walk into friendships. Some you’ll discover you should put behind you. Others are worth every risk.” – They Both Die At The End- Adam Silvera
- “You can be okay again. Just a different kind of okay than before.”- The Names They Gave Us– Emery Lord
- “Live boldly. Push yourself. Don’t settle.” Me Before You- Jojo Moyes
- “I wonder – if nobody is listening to my voice, am I making any sound at all?” Radio Silence- Alice Oseman
- “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” – Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire- J.K. Rowling
- “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” My Sister’s Keeper –Jodi Picoult
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” The Alchemist- Paulo Coelho
- “Although it’s good to try new things and to keep an open mind, it’s also extremely important to stay true to who you really are.” Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine- Gail Honeyman
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” Oh The Places You’ll Go!– Dr Seuss
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” I Can Read With My Eyes Shut– Dr Seuss
Some of these have made appearances on my blog before but I can’t help quoting it again! Feel free to leave me a link to your post this week. I’m looking forward to reading them!