Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It’s all about love of lists, love of literature and bringing bookish people together.
This week’s list is all about books that we refuse to let others touch. Well, I don’t have many people who I trust with my precious books, so instead, I thought I’d talk about my bookish pet peeves!
- Spine breaking– I can’t deal with it. My books always look like they haven’t been read.
- Dog-earring– Use a bookmark or remember the page number that you’re on. Don’t damage my books!
- Staining– I don’t like when my books get stained by food or drink!
- Questionable second hand books– I get it that second hand books have a history, but for some reason I just can’t get into reading second hand books.
- Cover changes mid series– I can’t be doing with series that don’t match. It’s infuriating. Is that the teacher in me? I want everything to match!
- Errors in printed books– Again, teacher in me. I know I’m not perfect and make errors all the time, but in the process of publishing books you’d think they’d pick up on errors and inconsistencies?
- Student-teacher relationship– I’ve never read one that sits right with me.
- Absent parents through lack of caring- Awful. It makes me so sad.
- Females hating on other females– Let’s empower others rather than bring them down. 🙂
- Controlling behaviour masked as romance– No. Just no.
This is such a negative list but it felt very cathartic to get these bookish pet peeves off my chest! Ha!