Again, I’m linking up with one of my favourite bloggers, Jamie, from The Perpetual Page Turner. I can’t believe it’s time for another end of year survey! This year has been packed full of good reads, which I’m looking forward to sharing with you. Of course, it’s not technically the end of the year, yet, but if I read a book this month which HAS to go into this list I shall edit!
2014 Reading Stats:
Number Of Books You Read: 125
Number of Re-Reads: 3
Genre You Read The Most From: YA
Best In Books:
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Okay, this is hard. Starting with a very hard question! Hmm… I would have to say either Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo or Something Real by Heather Demetrios.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. I enjoyed it, but expected it to be much better than it was!
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin. I didn’t expect it to be as good as it was!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I will forever push that book on everyone that asks for a recommendation!
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
(These are just from books I’ve read this year, they may not necessarily have released this year…)
Best series: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, Best Sequel of 2014: Dead Silent by Sharon Jones, Best Series Ender: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Sarah J.Maas! Looking forward to reading more from her!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Say Her Name by James Dawson
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. I couldn’t put it down!
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I’m not a big re-reader if I’m honest!
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2014?
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Max Walker from Golden Boy.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Bird by Crystal Chan.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
The Memory Book by Rowan Coleman
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
“It takes strength to be proud of yourself and to accept yourself when you know that you have something out of the ordinary about you.”- Golden Boy, Abigail Tarttelin
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
Shortest- The Snow Queen-a novella at 80 pages.
Longest- Take Me On– 544 pages
(How I did this: Went to my read books on Goodreads and sorted by page number and just looked for what I knew I read this year that was the shortest and longest).
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The twist at the end of Knife Edge by Malorie Blackman.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Haley and West from Take Me On– Katie McGarry
19. Favourite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Reagan and Dee- Open Road Summer
20. Favourite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Girl Who Walked On Air by Emma Carroll
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Sorry to say it again, but Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Matt from Open Road Summer.
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Ravka- The Grisha Trilogy
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
This Book is Gay– James Dawson
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Lies We Tell Ourselves– Robin Talley
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Half Bad– Sally Green
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
A Monster Calls– Patrick Ness
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
A Kiss in The Dark- Cat Clarke
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Dear Killer– Katherine Ewell
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2014?
I have so many favourite blogs, but to name one of my favourites… is Katie from Sherlockianbooklover!
2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2014?
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Religion in literature
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
The Young Adult Literature Convention in London!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Keeping up with my blog considering how busy I am with my postgraduate course!
6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
You’re The One That I Want– Giovanna Fletcher
7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
The Drowning– Rachel Ward. Only so more people can see it and hopefully want to read it!
8. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Mr B’s Emporium in Bath!
9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed The British Books Challenge, The 2014 Debut Challenge and by the end of December, I will have completed Luna’s Picks, Beth and Chrissi Do Kid-Lit 2014 and hopefully my goals for the 14 series I wanted to finish/start!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
There are so many! I’ll go for… Stolen by Lucy Christopher!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
Half Wild-Sally Green!
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Everything That Makes You– Moriah McStay
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Winter– Marissa Meyer
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Put less pressure on myself!
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Eek, unfortunately I haven’t read any yet. Using some of my holiday time in December to do that. I’m looking forward to All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
So there it is… my answers to Jamie’s End of Year Survey. Please make sure to visit Jamie’s blog to see her answers and link up your post if you have completed the survey. Feel free to link your surveys for me to visit too. I love to see all of the answers!