Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It’s all about love of lists, love of literature and bringing bookish people together.
This week it’s all about opinions! Unpopular opinions to be exact. I’m not so sure that all of my opinions are unpopular though, so I’m just called this list bookish opinions!
- I don’t miss vampire books. They were a massive trend and whilst I’m sure they’re still around somewhere, they’re not as ‘popular’ as they once were.
- I’m not a fan of the Throne Of Glass series after Queen of Shadows. I lost interest. I have NO interest in going back to them either.
- I don’t like audiobooks. I read at quite a fast pace and I have quite a low concentration span when it comes to listening to audiobooks.
- Too many issues spoil a book. I like books when a character has a struggle in their life, but when they have everything going? No.
- Black/shiny covers that show up your fingerprints bug me. I like my books to look pristine.
- I prefer standalones to series.
- I didn’t mind the ending of Allegiant. I understand why people didn’t like it, but I didn’t hate it.
- This definitely isn’t an unpopular opinion. I hate the student-teacher relationship trope.
- I’m pretty sure I’ll never read Game of Thrones. I have no interest in it at all.
- I didn’t enjoy One Of Us Is Lying as much as everyone else seemed to! Don’t get me wrong, I thought it was a solid read, but I wasn’t blown away by it!