Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It’s all about love of lists, love of literature and bringing bookish people together.
This week’s list is all about places mentioned in books that we’d love to visit! Some are fictional, some are real places I’d love to go to.
- Hogwarts– Are you a Harry Potter fan if you wouldn’t want to go to Hogwarts?
- Furthermore– Tahereh Mafi- Another magical world? I’m down for that.
- Narnia– Can you tell I’m into magic at the moment? I think it would be fascinating to visit Narnia.
- The bookshop Belle visits– Yep, I’m making that a thing. I want to swing on the ladder! I’ve always wanted to be Belle.
- Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory– Mmm. A place of pure imagination!
- San Francisco– Lola and The Boy Next Door made me want to go to San Francisco even more.
- Tuscany– Love & Gelato- I desperately want to see more of Italy.
- New York– There’s so many wonderful books set in New York. I’d love to visit one day.
- Paris– I’ve still only been to Disneyland…
- Miami– Mara Dyer- I realise most of these places are America… but I do really want to visit one day!
Where do you want to visit? Have you focused on real or fictional? Let me know!
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they come up with a list for us to complete. This week it’s quite a tricky list for me. It’s Top Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want to Visit. It can be fictional or real. I realise I could have just listed ‘America’ but I wanted ten!!
In no particular order…
Paris- Anna and The French Kiss– I’ve been to Disneyland Paris before but never actually ‘proper’ Paris.
San Francisco- many books… it’s been a dream of mine to go to San Francisco. Maybe one year!
Russia- The Bronze Horseman– I definitely wouldn’t want to be there in the time period it’s set in, but I hear Russia is beautiful.
New York- many books… again, really want to go!
Florida- many books… It looks like a beautiful place.
Hogwarts- Harry Potter– I feel like this is going to be on quite a few lists this week!
Mallory Towers- Enid Blyton– Or any Enid Blyton school… she just made them so joyful!
Narnia- C.S Lewis– I like a bit of mystery and Narnia seems very picturesque
Oompa Loompa Land- Roald Dahl– I just want to meet an Oompa Loompa…
Wonderland- Alice in Wonderland– For the craziness!
So what places have books made you want to visit? Let me know! Feel free to leave your links to your posts!