Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s list is a freebie, which means we are free to pick our topic! I’ve decided to pick my favourite fairy tales that I’ve read so far out of this book:
Every Friday, I read and review a fairy tale. I’m loving exploring them so far! I’ve linked to my review so you can check out my thoughts if you like.
Oh and here I am as a fairy! How cute?!
In no particular order
- The Singing Bone– A great but brutual fairy tale with a supernatural element. It involves siblings and murder!
- Little Red Riding Hood– I think most people know this story. I loved reading the Grimm version, it’s not too different to the ones I’ve read in the past!
- The Mouse, The Bird and The Sausage– Random title, but great story with a moral about being grateful for what you have.
- The Riddle– This fairy tale has a crafty Prince. You’ve got to love a crafty Prince!
- Hansel and Gretel- Another well known one, but I can’t help it. I adore Hansel and Gretel.
- The Three Little Men In The Woods– One of my favourites. It involves wicked stepfamily and a supernatural element. I loved it!
- Rapunzel– Another well known one, but you won’t find the Grimm version to be like Tangled. It’s much darker.
- The Twelve Brothers– An intriguing tale involving an awful King!
- The Cat and The Mouse Set Up House– I absolutely love the cat in this fairy tale. A very conniving cat…
- The Frog King– This tale was familiar to me, but I know I didn’t read the Grimm version. It’s much more brutal which I’ve come to expect.
I’m really enjoying exploring Grimm’s Fairy Tales!