Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It’s all about love of lists, love of literature and bringing bookish people together.
This week we are thinking about things that we’ve done because we love books. It’s supposed to be outrageous things but I had some trouble with that. I’m pretty boring and bland. I thought I’d talk about things I’ve done because of my bool blog that have taken me outside of my comfort zone. I don’t think I’ll get to 10, but here are 5!
In no particular order:
- Attended YALC in London– I’m not one for big crowds and YALC has that in abundance. I’m pleased I went though as I enjoyed it for the two times I went there. It’s a massive anxiety trigger, but I’m glad I did it.
- Attended an Oxford bookshop crawl– I’m a bit nervous with meeting new people. My sister Beth and I coincided this bookshop crawl with a mini break. It was lovely, even if the weather was terrible!
- Had 2 Reading Spas– I wouldn’t have found out about it without book blogging. Highly recommended if you’re ever in Bath. Read about my experience HERE and HERE.
- Received the Champion Newcomer Award at the UKYA Book Awards- I was made up to be nominated-let alone win. My little corner of the internet got attention!
- Carrying out a workshop at YA Shot– Beth and I had the opportunity to carry out a workshop all about book blogging. It was awesome but so scary for me to speak to teenagers. I’m used to speaking to young children! Such a great experience though.